PARKING PERMITS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL VEHICLES ON CAMPUS
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
These traffic rules and regulations are issued under authority of Colorado Revised Statutes 23-5-107.
- Students, faculty, and staff may purchase permits online.
- Faculty and staff will receive notices in August with instructions for payroll deduction.
Parking lots are designated as “Commuter” or “Residential.” These designations are shown on the campus map, and there are corresponding signs in the parking lots. The fine will be $30 for parking in an unauthorized area.
Parking Permit Information
- All vehicles must have permits on them through the fall and winter terms, from September through April.
- Citations for permit violations are issued Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Permits may be transferred between cars in the same household, but may not be transferred (given) or sold from person to person.
- Permits must be displayed in lower left- or right-hand corner of windshield, fully visible.
- Purchase a permit and display it properly to avoid a $30.00 fine for No Permit, or a $15.00 fine for Improper Display.
- If one has multiple vehicles, each permit is full price.
- Parking permits are prorated throughout the year.
- Lost, misplaced, stolen, etc. parking permits will be replaced at full or pro-rated price.
- Permits may be purchased in advance of the deadlines, and are available throughout the year.
- Plan on purchasing a permit prior to deadlines, or before bringing the vehicle to campus.
- Vehicles in metered spaces must pay for metered parking, even if a valid permit is displayed
The College is not responsible for lost or stolen parking permit decals; however, a prompt report to Fort Lewis College Police may result in the recovery and return of property. Parking permits are required on vehicles Monday morning at 8:00 am, one week (7 days) after the first day of class for the fall and winter semesters.
$40.00 per year. $20.00 per Fall or Winter trimester. Motorcycles must park in designated motorcycle parking areas.
$120.00 per year. $60.00 per Fall or Winter trimester. Automobiles must park in designated parking lots and parking spaces only, in areas specifically marked for permit automobile parking.
Green Permit Program
In keeping with the development of its Sustainability Action Plan, Fort Lewis College is implementing comprehensive strategies that address the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions including those related to transportation.
- There is a 20% discount off the permit price for vehicles that score at least 40 on the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE) annual vehicle rating guide, Green Book ®, for emissions and fuel-economy standards.
- Click here to view a list of qualifying green vehicles.
- These permits may only be purchased at the Campus Police Department. A police department employee must verify that your vehicle qualifies.
- These decals are NOT transferable, and cannot be paid for via payroll deduction.
Daily and Temporary Parking Permits
- Daily permit machines are located at the information boards located on Fort Lewis Drive, between East 8th Avenue and Goeglein Gulch Road, and on East 8th Avenue, the "front hill" leading to Fort Lewis College.
- Cost is $3.00 for up to 4 hours or $5.00 for all day.
- Daily or Temporary permits for special circumstances are also available from Police & Parking Services
Use of Parking Fees
The construction of parking lots, roads, lighting, striping, signs and maintenance is done through the sale of parking permits and the collection of parking fines. No state funds are provided; this is a vehicle user-fee method.